There are some things that cause dry skin, such as too frequent showers, the weather is too cold or even when you forget to wear sunscreen.
To prevent dry skin, there are a number of suggestions from the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology that might be useful for you:
- Shower no more than twice a day, by doing a quick shower no more than 15 minutes using warm water.
- Use mild soap (mild) with a content or pH balanced cleanser that is gentle (soft) that does not make your skin dry. Avoid using deodorant soaps.
- Do not rub the skin while bathing or while drying off.
- Use a moisturizer as soon as you’re done showering.
- Use sunscreen every day.
- Use detergent to wash clothes without fragrance, and avoid using fabric softener.
- Operate the humidifier when it is cold.
Hope these small but applicable tips could help you to prevent dry skin and have more of your life!